Keyano College is a post-secondary institution located in Fort McMurray.
I attended Keyano College for 2 years so I know it inside and out.
You may be a Keyano student (or planning to attend), and you might be wondering what there is to do in the neighborhood if you take a few moments off studying. These ideas should be extra useful if you don’t have a car, as most of them are pretty close by...
Here are a few options, ordered by distance from the college:
Walking Distance Food Spots
- Panago Pizza: This is a totally unbiased opinion...except that it’s not. Panago Pizza is AMAZING! Try out their Veggie Korma pizza and thank me later.
- Also located across from Keyano College is Mucho Burrito Fresh Mexican Grill. Who doesn’t want to taco ‘bout it?
- Quiznos is an amazing sub spot right beside Panago.
- Wok Box is also just a 2-minute walk away.
Walking Distance Miscellaneous
- There is a Circle K (gas station) right across from Keyano in case you need to fill up your tank.
- For those of you who live on campus, there is a nearby Red Arrow by Keyano that can take you to explore big cities such as Edmonton, Lethbridge, and even Calgary.
- Enjoy the perks of being a student at Keyano College by using the Syncrude Sports and Wellness Centre. It’s a swanky building located right behind Keyano College with an indoor gym, indoor field houses and so much more! Be sure to support your Keyano Huskies by attending their in-house tournaments! If you are not a student, you can always get a membership there!
- Keyano College Bob Lamb Industry Education Centre is another building that is not connected to Keyano, but located behind it. This building serves as a place where students can go to write late exams and such.
- Looking to rent a room for a night? Look no further because there is the Merit Hotel right across from Keyano College.
- There is a printing company right across from Keyano called Printing Unlimited, and they work wonders for your future projects!
- The Food Bank is also nearby and helps students and others who need help with daily essentials while living in this expensive city! You can also donate your time there (or money, if you have some extra!).
A Little More of A Walk
If you’re okay with a little bit of a walk, then you will find an amazing strip mall with a few of my favourite spots!
Am I Missing Something?
- The wonderful Cedars Bakery, bringing your finest Mediterranean food to Fort Mac. They recently just added another location in the Eagle Ridge Commons.
- Avenue Coffee is a coffee shop that is the perfect place for a student like yourself looking to step away from the smell of over-stuffed classrooms.
- You can enjoy a weekend out at Townhall Public House. It is also a restaurant...if clubbing is not your cup of tea, just stay upstairs! Townhall’s gotchu.
- There is also a Pizza Hut in this area and need I say more?
- Check out Higher Health Hot Yoga in this strip mall as well.
- Trying out meal prep? Try Dedicate Healthy Kitchen Meal Prep. They.Are.So.Darn.Good. It makes you want to eat healthily.
Have I forgotten your favourite place nearby? If so, please email me at email@example.com and I’ll be sure to add it in.
Till next time, folks!